Pioneer DJ are releasing an exclusive new version of one of their most popular Serato DJ controllers in a stunning gold finish. Production of the Serato DVS Upgrade Ready 4-channel DDJ-SX2-N will be strictly limited to just 1000 units, each featuring a plaque engraved with a unique serial number, so you can create a one-of-a-kind DJ set-up.
The 4-channel DDJ-SX2 controller builds on the success of its predecessor but inherits two must-have features from the top-flight DDJ-SZ: Performance Pads with multi-coloured cue point LEDs and an on-jog cue countdown. Plus it’s Serato DJ DVS upgrade-ready and boasts improved jog wheel latency, making it the scratch DJ’s ultimate companion.
The DDJ-SX2 gives you native manipulation of Serato Flip; a Serato DJ Expansion Pack that gives you the power to record and re-play hot cue sequences on the fly.
A strictly limited run of 1000 DDJ-SX2-N controllers will be produced, each with a distinctive plaque featuring a unique serial number.
The DDJ-SX2 gives you native control over Serato Flip – the Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that lets you record and replay hot cue sequences on the fly – and you can get hands on with the latest features in the Pitch 'n Time DJ Expansion Pack, with Key Shift, Key Sync and Pitch Play controls. Plus, it’s Serato DVS Upgrade Ready and boasts responsive jog wheels, making it the scratch DJ’s perfect companion.
The DDJ-SX2 was the industry’s first controller to give DJs dedicated control of the new Serato Flip functions within Serato DJ . Serato Flip is an expansion pack for Serato DJ that gives DJs the power to record and re-play hot cue sequences on the fly. The DDJ-SX2 has designated buttons – Record, Start, and Slot – to put intuitive Serato Flip performances at their fingertips.
Serato Flip is a new function in Serato DJ that lets DJs record hot cue combinations and replay them on a loop. DJs can record themselves triggering cues using the Performance Pads and automatically loop the sequence back on demand. Up to six recordings (slots) of Hot Cue sequences can be made for playback at a later time. Pioneer added Record (start/stop recording), Start (start/stop loop), and Slot (store) buttons to quickly access the Serato Flip operation.
The DDJ-SX2 provides the same functional layout of its predecessor with quick access to a multitude of Serato DJ features. The layout of the buttons, knobs, sliders and Performance Pads deliver the best DJ controller experience designed to match the applicable software functions perfectly:
- Multi-coloured Performance Pads – Introduced in the top-of-the-line DDJ-SZ, the DDJ-SX2 now incorporates the highly attractive and functional multi-coloured Performance Pads that control eight types of Serato DJ functions. The various illumination colours provide quick identification of the different actions/commands such as beats and drum rolls. The eight pads located below the Jog wheel offer HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER functionalities. While in velocity SAMPLER mode, the output level from the pad can vary depending on the strength of each tap from the user.
- Amplified MIC Input – Improved from the first generation, the controller features a balanced microphone (MIC) input circuit to provide clear audio output with no distortion regardless of the type or brand of microphone used. The controller can deliver clear audio even at high volume levels because of increased headroom and highly improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio.
- High Accuracy Jog Wheel – The output reaction time of the JOG wheels is significantly improved, further cutting down on latency, ensuring tasks such as “scratch” performances are at their highest levels. The model also features “Hot Cue Countdown” providing users, via its JOG Display, with the time remaining to a Hot Cue point, helpful in quickly arriving to a specified position in the music playing.
- 4-Channel Mixer – The DDJ-SX2 features an independent 4-channel mixer that can be used with other external sources such as turntables. Its master level meter provides instantaneous sound level adjustment as well as independent output controls with a display indicator for each channel when used as a standalone mixer.
- EXPANDED FUNCTIONALITY
- The DDJ-SX2 features four external inputs for connection with CD players, analog turntables, microphones and more, with the ability to act as a stand-alone mixer (without the need to connect to a PC/MAC). The controller includes two Master Out and one Booth Out outputs for connection to external public address (PA) equipment. The DDJ-SX2 also features support for the Serato DJ DVS function. Users will have the ability to purchase Serato’s DVS Expansion Pack and perform Serato DJ deck control on the DDJ-SX2 with Pioneer CDJ players or analog turntables.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES
- High Quality Audio – A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) provide accurate and clear audio playback
- Slip Mode – While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions
- Aluminium Finish – The DDJ-SX2 sports an aluminium top panel and a brushed aluminium finish on the JOG wheels for optimal look and feel
- Multiple Connection Options – The DDJ-SX2 offers dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two microphone inputs, two Master Outputs (XLR and RCA) and a Booth Out terminal
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Needle Search – Users can immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad
- Adjustable Cross-Fader Curve – Suits any type of mixing style
- Channel Fader Start – Enables use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Assignable Settings – Pioneer offers a TSI file for use with the Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO2 software