Vox Adio Air GT - 50W Modelling Guitar and Audio Amplifier
The ultimate multi-purpose 50W amp & audio solution for the modern musician
Other Items to consider
Adio represents a new style in modeling amps from VOX with cutting-edge looks that boldly feature VOX's traditional diamond grille cloth. Rich sound is delivered by a 50W power amp and two 3” stereo speakers and realistic amp models powered by the latest modeling technology. Additionally, the Adio includes free Tone Room software that lets your Adio evolve as freely as your inspiration.
With the Bluetooth-equipped Adio Air, all controls can be performed wirelessly via Bluetooth. You can edit amp parameters and enjoy extremely high-quality audio streaming from anywhere.
It's a multi-purpose guitar amp and audio speaker that’s equally at home in your living room, on stage, or on the go.
50W amp that outperforms its size
Though it is compact and lightweight, the Adio is equipped with a high-wattage power amp boasting 50W of stereo output. It delivers a startling sense of volume that outperforms other amps in its class. The 2 x 3”stereo speaker system makes for an incredible playing and listening experience. Because it is capable of such high-output, the Adio is equally effective as an at-home practice amp as it is a full-fledged performing amp.
Proprietary chassis design ensures powerful and clear sound
Adio provides both the hard-hitting cabinet resonance of a guitar/bass amp, and the high fidelity of home audio speakers. Thanks to new concepts used in its cabinet structure, the multi-purpose Adio excels in both scenarios. It features a bass reflex structure that delivers a sound density far exceeding the unit's size, and an inner box that emanates the sense of spatiality and depth you expect from stereo speakers. The speakers are contained in a sophisticated slant-body design, creating powerful and high-quality sound that shines for both performance and listening.
A divided cabinet design
To prevent unwanted cabinet resonance, the inner box that secures the speakers is completely separated from the rear cabinet. Additionally, the inner box separates L and R into independent spaces to produce stereo playback with an enhanced sense of spatiality. Rigidity is enhanced by a chassis design that minimises parallel surfaces, suppressing unwanted vibration that would adversely affect the quality of the sound.
Honeycomb-structure speaker frame
The front grille uses a honeycomb structure that perforates the speaker area with a set of hexagons. This efficiently maintains strength, yet ensures maximum space. The high ratio of openness means that the speaker is not obstructed, allowing the sound to be clear and direct.
Ported design further enhances low-frequency playback
The bass reflex section uses a flair component that creates a smooth widening at the entry and exit of the cabinet’s port. This minimises unwanted noise and also enhances the bass reflex efficiency to further boost the low-frequency playback.
Unique shape allows for enhanced listening experience
The unique slanted design of the Adio allows you to position it with the speakers pointing diagonally upward so that the output reaches your ears directly even at short distances. This means that you can enjoy always performing or listening in the sweet spot. The chassis is designed to minimise parallel surfaces, delivering a smooth sound that suppresses any internal resonances.
A handle that's integrated with the cabinet
With a recessed slot built into the back of the cabinet, the Adio combines sleek looks with convenient portability.
Battery-powered with eight hours of continuous operation
Lightweight body is only 2.9 kg / 6.39 lb.
In spite of its high output power, the Adio can also operate on batteries. Eight AA batteries allow up to eight hours of continuous operation. At a mere 2.9 kg / 6.39 lb. in weight, the Adio is also highly portable. You can take it with you to enjoy performing or listening anywhere.
VOX's proprietary VET (Virtual Element Technology) modeling technology
The Adio uses VET (Virtual Elements Technology). Instead of simply imitating the output sound of the original amp, VET meticulously models even its components and circuit design. Without relying on the ears of individual engineers, and without being influenced by the condition of a specific amp unit, VET perfectly reproduces the characteristics of the original amp. And it's equipped with a high-performance DSP to ensure high sound quality.
In addition, the distortion algorithms on the Adio Air GT have been refined, allowing you to enjoy the ultimate touch response that reflects your finest picking nuances without obscuring them.
Up to 23 types of realistic and wide-ranging amp models (Adio Air GT)
The total of 11 built-in amp models includes VOX's legendary AC30 as well as a variety of high-gain and clean amps. The models have been carefully tuned to take full advantage of the compact Adio's potential, so that all of them are truly usable high-quality amp models. By using the Tone Room software, you can choose from a total of 23 types of amp models. With just this single unit, you can enjoy a variety of amp sounds ranging from classic vintage amps to costly boutique amps.
A full complement of effects is also provided: four modulation-type effects, such as chorus and tremolo (FX1) and four ambience-type effects, such as delay and reverb (FX2), are built in. Appropriately for the Adio with its stereo speakers, it is also equipped with high-quality stereo effects, and you can simultaneously use a total of three effects including noise reduction. As with the amp models, using the Tone Room software lets you choose from a total of 19 types of effect: 11 for FX1 and 8 for FX2.
Via Bluetooth, via USB
Tone Room software draws out the essence of the Adio
Tone Room editor/librarian software is provided, which lets you choose from an even richer selection of amp models and effects, and also lets you take advantage of the Adio's full potential by customising detailed parameters and audio EQ settings. Up to eight customised amps and effects can be saved in the Adio. Tone Room runs on multiple platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
The Adio Air additionally supports Bluetooth MIDI, so you can control parameters wirelessly, allowing you to effortlessly design your sound using your favourite device.
Via Bluetooth, via AUX
Superb performance as a speaker for listening
The Adio performs equally as well as an audio speaker, delivering pure, analog-quality sound. With a high output of 50W, the Adio gives you an extremely clear sound that's well balanced from the low to the high ranges.
The Adio Air also supports Bluetooth audio. You can connect it to your computer or smartphone via Bluetooth, and use it to play back your favourite music from either device. Whether for personal enjoyment in your living room or bedroom, for playing background music in a store, or for outdoor use, you can enjoy the ultimate listening experience in a variety of situations that take advantage of this unit's high output power, battery operation, and compact size.
Of course, an AUX input jack is also provided. This is a convenient way to enjoy jam sessions while you listen to your favourite songs.
?Experience virtual surround with Acoustage
The Adio is equipped with "Acoustage" virtual surround technology. Simply by turning on this function, you can obtain a startlingly wide stereo effect. This function is particularly impressive when used in conjunction with a stereo effect, giving you a guitar/bass amp that lets you feel as though you're on a wide stage, or experience an unmatched surround space as if you're inside a lavish multi-channel audio speaker setup.
What is Acoustage (Virtual Surround Technology by KORG)?
This is revolutionary virtual surround technology developed by KORG, allowing the creation of a unique personal acoustic space. Using just front stereo speakers, it can produce an unprecedented three-dimensional acoustic experience. It provides the best possible result because it performs an acoustical analysis of the actual playback system, and optimises various aspects of the system accordingly.
Multiple functions to support the player
- Audio equaliser: The unit provides four preset EQ settings for you to select as desired. Additionally, you can use the Tone Room software to make detailed adjustments to each frequency band of the graphic equaliser. Furthermore, you can use Tone Room to make settings for VOX's original "Bassilator" circuit which covers the low-frequency range not reached by the EQ, letting you enjoy ultra-low sounds that you would not expect from a unit of this size. Up to four of the EQ settings you've made can be stored as user settings in Tone Room.
- Noise reduction: A noise reduction function is provided to reduce unwanted noise when using high-gain sounds. This can be adjusted in five steps.
- Auto tuner that also supports dropped tunings: The Adio also provides a tuning function that's indispensable for guitar/bass playing. The tuner also supports half-down tuning mode.
- USB audio interface: Since the Adio is equipped with a USB port, you can connect it to your computer or tablet and use Tone Room software, or use the Adio as a USB audio interface to record and play back your performance. The Tone Room software lets you switch between three types of routing: monaural/stereo recording or re-amp.
- JamVOX III modeling software is bundled (Adio Air GT): Since JamVOX III modeling software is bundled, you can easily enjoy playing guitar on your PC. You can take advantage of the GXT function that lets you cancel or extract/emphasise a specific part from an existing song; you can also use the music player function to play back a loop from a song that you're learning or practicing, and even change its tempo. ASIO drivers are supported, so you can also record and play back via software other than JamVOX III, such as a DAW or guitar amp simulator.
- Powerful 50W high-output amp.
- 2 x 3” speakers for true stereo sound.
- Proprietary chassis design ensures powerful and clear sound.
- Sophisticated slant-body design.
- Eight hours of continuous operation using eight AA batteries.
- Lightweight design of only 2.9 kg / 6.39 lb.
- VOX's proprietary VET modeling technology perfectly reproduces the response of each amp.
- A wide range of up to 23 different realistic amp models. (Adio Air GT)
- Up to 19 types of high-quality effects.
- Tone Room software takes full advantage of the Adio's capabilities.
- Bluetooth MIDI support allows parameters to be controlled wirelessly.
- Delivers excellent, room-filling sound when used as an audio playback device.
- Bluetooth audio support lets you wirelessly stream your favorite songs.
- AUX input jack allows convenient jam sessions.
- Acoustage function generates a virtual “surround-sound” effect.
- Audio equalizer equipped with a bassilator circuit that generates a rich low-frequency range.
- Noise reduction when using high-gain sounds.
- Auto tuner that also supports dropped tunings.
- USB interface that lets you switch between three different routings.
- Bundled with JamVOX III.
|Number of Amp Models:||11 (23 when using Tone Room)|
|Number of Effects:||
Effects 1 types Modulation: 4 (11 when using Tone Room)
Effects 2 types Delay/Reverb: 4 (8 when using Tone Room)
|Number of User Programs:||8 (two banks x four programs)|
|Wide Stereo Effect (Virtual Surround):||Off, On|
|Noise Reduction:||Off, 1 - 4 steps|
|Audio Equalizer:||Off, Loud, Bass Boost, Mid Boost, Treble Boost|
|Input/Output Jacks:||INPUT Jack, AUX IN Jack, PHONES Jack, USB (Type B) Port|
Bluetooth (A2DP Sink)
Bluetooth low energy (MIDI)
|Power Amp Output:||Maximum approx. 25 W x 2 RMS @ 8 ohms|
|When Using Batteries:||Maximum approx. 2.5 W x 2 @ 8 ohms|
|Speakers:||3", 8 ohms x 2|
|Sample Rate:||44.1 kHz|
AA batteries (alkaline batteries or nickel hydride batteries) - 8 batteries
Or the included AC adapter (DC 19V)
|Current Consumption:||3.42 A|
|When Using Batteries:||200 mA|
|Battery Life:||Maximum 8 hours (when using alkaline batteries)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||360 x 165 x 163 mm / 14.17" x 6.50" x 6.42"|
|Weight:||2.9 kg / 6.39 lb. (excluding batteries)|
|Included Items:||AC adapter, Power cord, JamVOX III download card|
|Amp Models (Total 23 types)|
|When Using Alone (11 types):||DELUXE CL (NORMAL), AC30, BOUTIQUE CL, AC30TB, BOUTIQUE OD, TEXAS LEAD, BRIT 1959 (NORMAL), BRIT 800, BRIT VERB, DOUBLE REC, FLAT|
|When Using Tone Room (12 types added):||DELUXE CL VIBRATO, TWEED 4x10 BRIGHT, TWEED 4x10, BRIT 1959 TREBLE, BRIT VM, SL-OD, CALI ELATION, ERUPT III CH2, ERUPT III CH3, BOUTIQUE METAL, ORIGINAL CL, ACOUSTIC SIMULATOR|
|Effect 1 Types Modulation (Total 11 types)|
|When Using Alone (4 types):||CHORUS (STEREO CHORUS), FLANGER (BLACK FLANGER), PHASER (ORG PHASER 1), TREMOLO (TWIN TREM)|
|When Using Tone Room (7 types added):||CE CHORUS, STEREO FLANGER, ORG PHASER 2, SMALL PHASE, DUO PHASE (FREE), DUO PHASE (SYNC), HARMONIC TREM|
|Effect 2 Types Delay/Reverb (Total 8 types)|
|When Using Alone (4 types):||ANALOG DELAY, WIDE DELAY, SPRING, HALL|
|When Using Tone Room (4 types added):||TAPE, CROSS DELAY, ROOM, PLATE|