Pioneer DJ DDJ-REV1
Scratch Style Controller for Serato DJ Lite. Have fun and play like a pro battle DJ.
The Pioneer DDJ-REV series is a fresh range of DJ controllers with layouts that emulate a professional DJM-S mixer + PLX turntable setup, including specialised features for open-format and scratch DJs.
For the first time ever on a Pioneer DJ controller, the tempo sliders have been moved to the top of the deck sections and turned horizontally to emulate PLX turntables arranged in a battle configuration.
The Performance Pads have been placed in the mixer section along with Lever FX paddles, exactly where they’re found on DJM-S series mixers, enabling you to energetically change the sound during performances.
You’ll find plenty of room to try out mixing techniques on this spacious layout too, and scratching feels great on the jog wheels, which are noticeably bigger than the jogs on previous controllers at this level.
If you’re thinking about getting into battle mixing and scratching – and streaming your sets too – the DDJ-REV1 is the perfect piece of kit to start your journey with.
Right away, you can have fun and easily scratch your music with the help of Tracking Scratch. This handy feature returns the track to the cue point automatically when you move the jog wheel backward or take your hand away, so you don’t need to use the crossfader or worry about winding the jog back to the start point of your scratch. Simply choose the Scratch Crossfader Cuts pattern you want to use by pressing the relevant Performance Pad and push the jog forward to scratch.
You can also use the Performance Pads on the controller to instantly trigger your favourite samples or tracks that you’ve loaded to the Scratch Bank in Serato DJ Lite – previously only available in Serato DJ Pro – and with Deck 3/4 Control, you can play sounds from all 4 decks in the software.
When you feel ready to stream your sets to friends and social media followers, you can easily incorporate speech and vocals if you plug a microphone into the controller. There’s no need for an external soundcard or mixer – the audio goes straight to your laptop and into the stream.
Brand-new layout design - Perform intuitively: Get hands-on with an interface designed to emulate 2 x PLX turntables and a DJM-S series mixer – the kind of setup used by pro battle DJs.
- Battle-style setup: There’s plenty of space to perform mixing and scratching techniques thanks to the new arrangement of the controls on the DDJ-REV1. The tempo sliders are 60mm longer than those on the DDJ-SB3 – giving you finer control – and they run horizontally above the decks while the Performance Pads have been moved into the mixer section so you can intuitively combine effects, trigger samples, and scratch your tracks.
- Bigger jog wheels: The bigger the jog wheels, the better for scratching. The jogs on the DDJ-REV1 are the same size as the ones on the DDJ-SR2, a popular controller that’s higher up in the Pioneer DJ range.
- Lever FX: Dynamically add texture to the music with Lever FX in the mixer section. Pull the levers down and hold them to apply effects from Serato DJ Lite in short bursts or push them up to lock on effects.
Tracking Scratch - Get a helping hand with scratching: The Pioneer DDJ-REV1 can help you have fun scratching without doing it all for you. You’ll still need to hone your skills, but the Tracking Scratch feature will silently take the music back to the cue point the moment you move the jog wheel backward or lift your hand away – saving you from closing the fader and finding the right place in the music to start the scratch again.
All you need to do is to select the Tracking Scratch Pad mode, press a Performance Pad to choose the Scratch Crossfader Cuts pattern you want to use, then start moving the jog.
Mixed microphone audio - Easily add your voice while you’re streaming: For the first time in a Pioneer DJ controller at this level, the output of the master audio is mixed with the sound from the microphone if you have one plugged in.
This means you don’t need any external equipment such as a soundcard or separate mixer if you want to add speech or vocals to your performance and route it through your computer. All sounds are sent to Serato DJ Lite so you can stream from there.
Serato DJ Lite integration - Enjoy full use of the free software: As soon as you’ve downloaded Serato DJ Lite to your PC/Mac for free, you can simply connect the Pioneer DDJ-REV1 via the supplied USB cable and start DJing.
Enjoy tactile control of various features and effects in the software by manipulating the buttons, knobs, faders, and jog wheels on the controller.
With the Scratch Bank pad mode, you can instantly load scratch samples from 4 banks that you’ve assigned in Serato DJ Lite or Pro by simply tapping the dedicated Scratch Bank button. You can load from a specific start point too – handy if you want to use this feature to drop in full tracks during a routine.
Deck 3/4 control: Play tracks and sounds loaded on any of the 4 decks in Serato DJ Lite
Support for Serato DJ Pro: Take your performances to the next level with a free trial of Serato DJ Pro (paid permanent upgrade available separately)
- Battle-style setup - Get hands-on with a design emulating 2 x PLX turntables and a DJM-S mixer
- Bigger jog wheels - Mix and scratch with jogs the same size as those on the DDJ-SR2
- Lever FX - Dynamically add texture to the music in short bursts or lock on effects
- Tracking Scratch - Have fun and easily scratch your tracks with this handy feature
- Mixed Mic audio - Add vocals to your set and stream straight from Serato DJ Lite (no extra soundcard needed)
- Serato DJ Lite integration - Just plug and play, with full use of the free software
Serato DJ Lite
Serato DJ Pro (license/subscription not included)
|Frequency Response:||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|S/N Ratio:||USB (103 dB)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion:||0.005 %|
|INPUT / OUTPUT TERMINALS|
|Inputs:||MIC x 1 (1/4” TS jack)|
MASTER x 1 (RCA x 1)
PHONES x 1 (3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 1)
|USB:||USB Type-B x 1|
|Power:||Power Supply AC 100 V – 240 V, 50 Hz / 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||5V 500mA|
526.0 × 255.5 × 59.2 mm / 20.7" x 10.06" x 2.33"
(W x D x H)
|Weight:||2.1 kg / 4.6 lbs.|
Warranty (for some regions)
Quick Start Guide
Precautions for Use