Denon Prime 4
*NEW* Firmware v1.3.2 - Serato DJ Pro support!
From Touchscreen to Mainstage - Prime 4 features a glorious 10-inch multi-touch/gesture display for the most advanced DJ music library interaction experience available. DJ’s can touch, feel, move and play their music with the elegant swipe of a finger for the ultimate, technology-driven tactile experience. Prime 4 will deliver that Mainstage experience to any DJ, and in any venue or gig scenario!
Other Items to consider
The World’s Most Powerful, Advanced DJ System Has Arrived
Command every gig, audience, genre, event and location! The multicore processor-powered Prime 4 makes your entire music collection available, transparently connecting you to your performance. With 4-deck hardware control and advanced touchscreen workflow, you’re all set to handle any DJ set, anywhere, anytime.
4-Channel Standalone DJ PowerThis is what the global DJ community has been waiting for: An all-in-one, fully standalone 4-deck DJ system with no need for a laptop computer - Pure, unfettered performance and playback capability! Rugged metal-chassis, built to endure the rigours of DJ life.
Adjustable Angle, 10-inch TouchscreenSelect tracks, view waveforms, interact with your digital music collection and view essential DJ parameters, with tactile multi-gesture control – it’s the touchscreen experience you expect and deserve.
Independent Zone OutputSend a dedicated, back-to back music playlist to a separate location while you command the dancefloor in the main room – control the mood, volume and EQ to precisely tailor the sound for your audience.
- Dedicated XLR Zone output with gain and EQ control
- Stream back-to-back music automatically into 2nd room
- Easily assign any of the 4 playing channels to Zone
- Party in one room, chill out in the other
No Limits Media Sources
Access massive music libraries from four USB inputs, one SD and an under-panel, 2.5-inch built-in SATA drive bay. Use any one of these media sources to record your full DJ set performance! With USB Keyboard support for optimised track browsing and playback facilities for uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV), Prime 4 caters for your entire music collection with connectivity that guarantees immediate, hassle-free access to your library.
Mix, Blend and Shape Your Sound
Pro-club mixer with four channel line faders, each with 3-band EQ and gain to shape your mix; plus all four inputs are assignable to the switchable line/phono inputs. A replaceable Denon DJ crossfader completes this performance driven package.
8 Performance Trigger Pads
Remix whole tracks and beat juggle with super-responsive hot cue control, then split up bars and beats with quantize-locked, Rolls, Slicer and advanced Looping too!
Mic Control, Check 2
Drive two independent microphones for dual-performer audience engagement, both with dedicated EQ, volume and effect controls plus punch in on/off and talkover options for pro-mobile use.
Expressive Multi-FX with Dedicated Displays
Articulate, visualise and craft your own unique sound, choosing from 13 diversely textured DJ FX, sourced directly from the festival/club X1800 Prime mixer.
Dual-Function Sweep FX and Filter
Engage just one single encoder for tactile sound manipulation with dynamic FX and elegant filter control.
Superior DJ Platter Control
Ultra-responsive, touch capacitive jog wheels with HD central screen that relays performance, heads-up display information combined with a DJ brand logo or playing track artwork. Change up your look with customisable RGB light ring.
Timestretch and Key-Matching Audio
Class-leading, production-quality Timestretch algorithm allows DJs to perform pitch locked, extreme track tempo changes and match/shift harmonic musical keys live in the mix - the ultimate in standalone, ‘Open’ Format DJing flexibility.
Built to Last – Built to Perform!
Prime 4 is built on the legacy of 25+ years of superb Denon DJ audio engineering and manufacturing excellence, with rugged metal build quality and detailed, pristine 24-bit Denon DJ audio. Nothing sounds, looks or performs like the Prime 4 standalone4-channel DJ System. With no existing ‘feature-comparable’ competitor unit on the market right now, the Prime 4 is affordable DJ technology that is light years ahead of any existing product.
Visualise the Show with Prime 4
Using Prime 4’s StagelinQ connection, Mobile, Event and Club DJs now can easily create impactful, visually dynamic lighting and video scenes via Denon DJ’s partnerships with Soundswitch, Timecode and Resolume.
- Discover Soundswitch https://youtu.be/cSpas1-jh7s
- Discover Resolume https://youtu.be/Hn6q_bhl1QA
- Discover Timecode https://youtu.be/Ude3d3Gb6V0
Engine Prime Music Management
Import your digital music collections effortlessly from iTunes, Serato DJ Pro, Native Instruments Traktor Pro and Rekordbox using both Denon DJ’s free, Engine Prime music management software and the Prime 4 itself.
- Import existing playlists, folders, hot cues and loop information
- Integrated support also available for Native Instruments Traktor
- Prime 4 internally analyses music data with no laptop needed
Whats New in V1.3.1?
Direct import of Rekordbox playlists, hot-cues and memory loops
Removing the fear of change for any cautious DJ, this new feature makes any time-invested, carefully curated Rekordbox collection (of any size) directly accessible within Engine Prime v1.3.1. A quick and easy import procedure makes it simple and fast to bring in Rekordbox playlists, songs, hot cues and memory loops, all in readiness for selected collection export to the Prime 4.
Improved High Frequency response to track playback
Crisp and dynamic high-end frequency playback is ensured for DJs, who demand the very best audio reproduction and playback on today’s mobile, club and festival sound systems. In addition, speed slider resolution is now adjustable in 0.01% BPM increments for ultimate, precise flexibility in the mix.
SoundSwitch StagelinQ Support
A new update to Denon DJs StagelinQ protocol enables full control over both simplistically automated or complex programmed lightshows as the Prime 4 is now functionally integrated with SoundSwitch vs1.9.
Whats New in V1.3.2?
Hot off the heels of Prime 4’s retail availability, Denon DJ proudly announces all-new Firmware, directly addressing a number of key feature requests from the international DJ community.
New Features included in v1.3.2 include:
- Added Horizontal Waveform mode
- Added Console Status Bar with Global Settings and Record
- Added user-adjustable Nudge Sensitivity
Plus, the following enhancements:
- BPM Metadata is trusted and imported to create beat grid
- Addressed issue where some tracks show as .1 second until played or platter is moved
- Additional speed and operating efficiency
Serato Control Now Available for PRIME 4
Denon DJ’s industry-lauded PRIME 4, 4-channel standalone DJ console now brings full integration and control of Serato DJ Pro, with its latest v1.3.3 firmware update. As well as dual-view (‘standard’ and ‘large library’) modes via PRIME 4’s 10” touchscreen, full DVS performance is also available using Serato timecode vinyl on traditional DJ turntables (*). In addition, Serato DJ Pro’s incredible FX banks can be controlled, visually manipulated and even multi-stacked via PRIME 4’s effects panel and OLED displays.
*(requires Serato DVS expansion pack – sold separately)
Please note: SC5000M and PRIME 4 Serato control requires Serato DJ Pro v2.3.1
- 4-Deck standalone Engine Prime DJ system
- 10-inch HD multi-touch display with gestures
- Dedicated XLR Zone output provides music to a separate room
- Built-in 2.5-inch SATA drive bay to store music onboard
- 6-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display
- (4) assignable input channels for external media sources
- (2) dedicated XLR inputs for microphones with individual control
- StagelinQ connection for Event/Pro DJ lighting and video control
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- Crisp 24-bit Denon DJ legacy audio
- (4) USB and (1) SD media inputs for music playback
- USB keyboard support
- Direct import of Rekordbox playlists, hotcues and memory loops
- NEW! (Firmware v1.3.2) | Serato DJ Pro control
- Coming soon (Firmware v1.4) | Standalone Tidal Streaming via built-in WiFi or Ethernet
- DENON PRIME 4 + SERATO DJ PRO FEATURES
- Easy to connect PRIME 4 to Serato DJ Pro using ‘computer’ mode
- Dual-view, touchscreen interface – ‘Standard with Overview’ + ‘Large Library View’
- Fast switch touch selection between Library, Sort and View options
- Accurate cueing/scratching response between PRIME 4 jog-wheels and Serato DJ Pro
- DVS control via PRIME 4 channel’s 3 & 4 with control vinyl on DJ turntable
- Seamless, quick switching back to PRIME 4 Standalone mode when required
- Serato/laptop communicates with PRIME 4 connected media and hard drives
- Use SoundSwitch micro interface, plugged into PRIME 4, working with Serato DJ Pro
|Frequency Response:||20Hz – 20kHz (±1dB)|
|Dynamic Range:||> 117dB (A-weighted)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio:||> 93dB (A-weighted)|
|Headroom - Line Input:||> 15dB|
|Headroom - Mic Input:||> 20dB|
|Headroom - Outputs:||> 20dB|
|Channel Separation:||< -90dB (1kHz, unity)|
|THD - Line/Phono:||< 0.01% (1kHz, unity)|
|THD - Microphone:||<0.02% (1kHz, unity)|
|Headphone Output:||< 150mW|
(2) XLR outputs (master left/right, balanced)
(1) RCA output pair (master left/right, unbalanced)
(2) XLR outputs (booth left/right, balanced)
(2) XLR outputs (zone left/right, balanced)
(1) 1/4” (6.35mm) stereo output (headphones)
(1) 1/8” (3.5mm) stereo output (headphones)
(2) RCA input pairs (line-level, unbalanced)
(2) RCA input pairs (phono- or line-level, unbalanced)
(2) XLR+1/4” (6.35mm) input
(4) USB ports (for USB drives, 5V, 1A)
(1) USB port (to computer)
(1) Ethernet port
(1) IEC power cable input
43W~45W (with smartphone charging from USB4 port)
38W~39W (without smartphone charging)
28.68 x 19.56 x 4.08”
728.47 x 496.82 x 103.63mm
(width x depth x height)