Pioneer DJ DDJ-XP2 Pad Controller for Rekordbox DJ and Serato DJ Pro
With 32 multicoloured Performance Pads, the DDJ-XP1 is designed to help you craft unique sets and get the most out of the latest features in the updated versions of the rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs Plus Packs following the release of the brand-new version of rekordbox v5.0.
Frequently bought together:
Meet the Pioneer DDJ-XP2 DJ Controller for Rekordbox DJ and Serato DJ Pro. Low-latency, highly robust unit maximises the new versions of both DJ performances softwares.
Raise your game with the DDJ-XP2
Whether you use rekordbox dj or Serato DJ Pro, you can get the most from the new features in the latest versions of both DJ applications – released today – with this upgraded DJ controller. The Pioneer DDJ-XP2 adds to the functionality of the popular DDJ-XP1 but retains the solid build quality and intuitive layout of the original unit.
Let your fingers fly at 32 robust, multicoloured Performance Pads (16 on each deck) and enjoy lightning-fast responses. Thanks to its sturdy construction, with a non-slip rubber surround, the DDJ-XP2 allows you to hit as hard as you like. Get creative with tactile control of the Key Shift and Key Sync features in either of the compatible applications and dynamically apply your chosen effect by running your finger along the Slide FX touch strips.
The Pioneer DDJ-XP2 ushers in powerful new pad modes in rekordbox dj and Serato DJ Pro. Make full use of Transport mode, which assigns transport controls such as play, pause, cue, and pitch up/down to the Performance Pads on the DDJ-XP2. And, for the first time ever, use 16 pads to control a single mode in Serato DJ Pro. (Until now, Serato DJ Pro has only supported up to eight pads in any mode)
If you’ve used the DJM-S9 before you’ll be pleased to know the DDJ-XP2 inherits the looping section from the flagship scratch mixer. It’s a small upgrade, but an important one that will help you feel more comfortable and confident during performances. Plus, the new Silent Cue feature in Serato DJ Pro works the same way as the existing feature for rekordbox dvs (license key included) – enabling you to silently cue up tracks with the faders open on the mixer and trigger them instantly from Hot Cue points.
Seamless compatibility with rekordbox dj and Serato DJ Pro
Feel at home using the DDJ-XP2 with rekordbox dj or Serato DJ Pro. You’ll be able to easily trigger popular features such as Hot Cues, Beat Jump and Slicer, bringing more creativity to your performances no matter which DJ performance application you choose.
Highly responsive, robust and portable design
Put all your energy into your performances and the DDJ-XP2 will handle everything you throw at it. Built to withstand energetic finger drumming on the 32 tactile multicoloured Performance Pads, the robust construction and non-slip rubber surround ensure that the DJ controller stays in place and keeps performing. You can also use the upper section to control key and beat sync status, and to select tracks.
Support for new Transport mode in rekordbox dj
The Transport mode in Serato DJ Pro, also now accessible in rekordbox dj, enables you to use the pads on the DDJ-XP2 as transport controls for your music. Play, pause, cue, pitch up/down tracks, and more.
Support for new Silent Cue in Serato DJ
If you’re using rekordbox dvs (license key included) or Serato DJ Pro, switch on Silent Cue and the deck will be muted. This means you can silently cue up tracks with the faders open on the mixer and drop them into your mix instantly by hitting a Hot Cue – there’s no need to touch the faders. And, if you’re using rekordbox dvs or Serato DVS (Expansion Pack available separately) with turntables, press Silent Cue and the music will mute instantly, engage Hot Cue and the music will play again. This avoids the sound of the music speeding up as the turntable starts to spin. Simply choose a Hot Cue, then hit play on the deck and it will sound the same as hitting a Cue on a DJ player.
Serato DJ Pro’s first-ever 16-pad modes
The DDJ-XP2 introduces Serato DJ Pro’s first ever pad modes that support 16 pads per deck. These modes assign eight pads each to two different features, e.g. Hot Cue mode and Sampler mode, so you can trigger Hot Cues and samples at the same time, without switching modes. The other new modes expand the creative possibilities of powerful features such as Pitch Play, which you can now use to trigger cue points in twice as many semitones as before (Pitch ‘n Time DJ Expansion Pack required – available separately).
- PAD MODE 1: Hot Cue mode and Sampler mode
- PAD MODE 2: Auto Loop mode
- PAD MODE 3: Slicer mode and Sampler mode
- PAD MODE 4: Saved Loop mode and Manual Loop mode
- PAD MODE 5: Pitch Play mode
- PAD MODE 6: Roll mode
- PAD MODE 7: Slicer Loop mode and Sampler mode
- PAD MODE 8: Transport mode and Beatgrid Edit mode
Dynamically control your chosen pad effect in rekordbox dj, or a combination of effects in Serato DJ Pro, by touching the Slide FX strips and moving your finger up and down.
- Loop section from the DJM-S9 – feel at home when using the looping controls
- Bus power via USB – no need to plug into an outlet
- Includes rekordbox DJ and rekordbox DVS licenses – worth a combined £248
- Kensington lock – keep your controller secure
Pioneer DDJ-XP2 FAQ
What is the difference between the DDJ-XP1 and DDJ-XP2?
- Hybrid controller that supports Serato DJ pro as well as rekordbox DJ.
- New silk screen designed to accommodate both software programs.
- Generic pad mode silk screen.
- New transport mode can be accessed using pads. Accessible via the pad editor.
- New coloured multicolour pads.
Is it possible to operate Serato DJ Pro using the DDJ-XP2 alone?
Serato DJ-Pro cannot be operated by the device alone. The software needs to be activated by a corresponding mixer, controller or sound card.
Is it possible to operate rekordbox DJ using the DDJ-XP2 alone?
You can operate rekordbox dj. However, the DDJ-XP2 doest feature a sound card. Therefore it is recommended that you use the sound card from a rekordbox compatible mixer or controller.
What applications are included?
rekordbox DJ and rekordbox DVS licenses are included.
- Interface designed for Rekordbox DJ and Rekordbox DVS
- Includes licences for both rekordbox dj and rekordbox dvs
- 32 Multi-Coloured Performance Pads (which boast the lowest latency on any DJ controller)
- Hot Cue
- Pad FX
- Auto Loop
- Manual Loop
- Beat Jump
- Beat Loop
- Keyboard Mode - Use 15 pads to trigger a selected Hot Cue in different semitones.
- Key Shift - Mix tracks in perfect harmony by shifting their keys up or down
- Slide FX - Dynamically control FX by touching the Slide FX strips
- Pad Editor - Customise the arrangement of the 32 Performance Pads by assigning your favourite pad modes or features to each pad.
- Silent Cue - Switch on Silent Cue and the music will restart instantly and at the correct BPM when you press play on a stopped deck.
|Power Supply:||DC 5 V|
|Rated Current:||500 mA|
|Unit Weight:||1.5 kg (3.3 lb)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||13.1 inch x 9.3 inch x 1.7 inch|
|Rekordbox 5.0 Minimum Specifications|
|Compatible OS (Windows):||
Windows 7 (the latest service pack)
|Compatible OS (Mac):||
macOS Sierra 10.12 (updated to the latest version),
OS X 10.11, 10.10 (updated to the latest version)
Intel® processor Core™ i7, i5, i3,
Intel® processor Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or above
|Memory:||4GB or more of RAM|